Unify Changes prior to v1.8.0
Version 1.7.2 (released 16 December 2021)
This update is recommended for all Unify users. It includes significant enhancements and important bug fixes.
- New feature: Library Subsets
- The number of libraries now available for Unify makes a simple pop-up Libraries menu cumbersome.
- There is a new "..." button next to the menu, which opens a new Library Subsets view in the
sidebar, where you can choose a subset of libraries to be shown in the main preset browser view.
- Subsets can be saved and recalled as named "Library Subset presets".
- You can also right-click on "..." button, as a shortcut to select a library-subset.
- New creative MIDI effect: TriggerBox
- New MIDI effect allows selectively passing/suppressing MIDI note events based on MIDI CC values.
- This is intended primarily to allow one INST layer to play when sustain pedal (CC#64) is up, and
a different INST layer to play when it is down, but may have other creative uses.
- Can also be used to trigger note-off ("release") samples, for instruments like piano.
- Can also trigger certain notes when the selected MIDI CC enters or leaves the defined value-range.
- This is intended primarily to trigger e.g. "pedal noises" for piano, but may have other creative uses.
- Note you'll have to look this one up in the "All MIDI Effects" menu, "Built-In" sub-menu for now.
- New feature: Drag import for individual patches
- You can now drag/drop an individual .unify (or .upf) file into the main GUI, and Unify
will open it as though you had just created it from scratch.
- The new patch is NOT automatically added to the patch database, but will be if you Save it manually.
- This should greatly simplify sharing of presets, esp. in livestreams.
- New feature: Open Sound Control (OSC) support
- See Wikipedia page on OSC.
- Basically, any parameter which can be linked to a macro knob in Unify (plus others), can now be controlled remotely.
- Also supports MIDI-over-OSC.
- This is a highly advanced feature whose real value will not be apparent until some OSC remote-control apps
- In the meantime, however, it can be used now with commercial OSC programs such as TouchOSC 3 by Hexler.
- Bundled plug-ins
- BlueARP will automatically be upgraded to v2.3.8.
- ChowMatrix will automatically be upgraded to v1.2.0.
- ChowTapeModel will automatically be upgraded to latest v2.9.0.
- Open-source MOrgan plug-ins added; see GitHub project page.
- New checkbox for "are you sure?" check when quitting Unify stand-alone app. (Checked by default; un-check it if you don't
want these warning pop-ups.)
- Middle C octave number can now be 3, 4, or 5.
- Guru Sampler changes
- SFZ file handling has been updated to support sample-files in any folder.
- New "lightning bolt" icon to the left of samples-menu allows re-loading current sample map.
- All LFO BPM-sync modes now work (only "Notes" was actually accessible before).
- New "sync" checkbox enables syncing LFO to Transport (song position).
- Linked-parameter changes
- New _bypass internal parameter allows bypassing and un-bypassing any MIDI or audio-effect via macro knob or OSC.
- Last-used curve-shape icon (row of icons along the top) is now remembered as current default.
- Bug fixes
- "Genre" selector in sidebar is now cleared when Reset All button clicked.
- Replacing 4th AUX layer from layer preset now works.
- Master/effect/<number>/_bypass parameter-path no longer causes crash.
- MIDIBox: transpose now works in 1-shot mode.
- MIDIBox: fix bug where dragging MIDI would drag out wrong file.
- Guru Sampler: fix rare crash bug.
- Guru Sampler: fix bug where menus would not update for samples from Samples folder.
- Patch browser: fix bug where current library selection could get lost.
- Other small changes
- Improve plug-in latency compensation to eliminate phasing between INST direct-mix and AUX layers.
- New checkbox options (in Settings) to display current patch count and/or a menu of load options at bottom of sidebar.
- "Patch database operations menu" icon (two concentric circles) has been removed from the sidebar; it no longer serves any purpose.
- New tooltip colors.
- Known Plug-Ins view: Operations menu item "Clear List" now asks "are you sure?".
- Clicking in ShowMIDI keyboard now starts/stops Transport.
- New ShowMIDI option to show all 128 MIDI keys (C-2 to G8).
- MIDIMonitor now shows key-up velocity.
- Plug-in window title bar now indicates plug-in format type (VST, VST3, Audio Unit).
- Mouse wheel can now be used with layer send, pan, and level controls.